Surveys show that only 17 percent find their soulmate, while 3 in 4 people end up settling with a partner because their true love got away. That is a sad statistic that I would like to do something about as I believe there is nothing better in life than being with a soulmate.
You may find articles online that tell you about signs that you are with a soulmate. But if you are not, it is less easy to stumble upon steps that actually tell you how to find your soulmate. Both the preparation and awareness that enable us to recognize, and thus, find our soulmate is crucial.
Therefore, based on my personal experience of having met my soulmate and the insights that I have gained the last 17 years, I would like to share the 10 steps to find your soulmate that I find most important.
1. Look Back: Your past holds a lot of important lessons that prepare you to meet your soulmate. Therefore, ask yourself about past relationships: what was meaningful? And what did I learn?
2. Visualize: Picture what you want in a soul mate. Here I don’t just mean the outside, but also that you ask yourself what kind of love and connection that you want. After having looked back, it should be easier for you to look forward to what you want.
3. Be Available: While waiting it’s easy to get lonely or maybe even desperate from time to time. But try to make yourself available by getting out of things that hold you back, like for example ‘friends with benefits.’ It’s all about timing and you don’t want to be tied up, when the moment finally comes.
4. Know Yourself: This is one of the most important steps because when you know yourself, you can be true to yourself. Being true to yourself forces other people to treat you with respect and it also helps you see what or who is real. What this means is that to find your soulmate, you need to find your own soul first. To learn more about how to find your true self, click here.
5. Be Real: Desire wants, but love wants to give, so be real. Knowing yourself makes you authentic as a person and authenticity is what someone who wants true love is looking for.
6. Be Patient: Finding a soulmate is not like going out a finding a new partner at a bar or at an event. It can take time to find each other. Therefore, patience is needed and it is important to stay positive. So do the things that you like to do and be positive while you wait.
7. Be Ready: Since it can take time to meet your soulmate, it will likely happen when you least expect it. Be ready as any moment represents an opportunity for you to meet your soulmate. Keeping yourself ready knowing that it will happen will also help you stay positive.
8. Be Open: If we are stuck in our mind or fixed perspectives, we often do not see what is right in front of us. Keep an open mind in existing relationships and stay open in the moments that you make new connections. This also includes being open to the mystery that may guide you to your soulmate.
9. Be Conscious: Openness must be balanced with consciousness. So be conscious in your relationships and when you meet new people. Know what is real and what is not. Here you can see 10 Soulmate Signs (coming).
10. Be Strong: Because we don’t meet a soulmate every day or even year, it can be a powerful and overwhelming experience. When you meet your soul mate, you will need to stay strong to hold the connection. Ask for support, but listen to yourself.
Rene Jorgensen is a philosopher and spiritual life coach, who specializes in helping people find their soul mate. If you want to know more about how Rene Jorgensen can help you find your soulmate, you can go to the “Coaching” tab or click here.